Celebration Encourages School Spirit through In-Person and Virtual Events
Put on your Carolina gear and join fellow Tar Heels to celebrate this year’s UNC College Colors Day on Friday, September 3. Follow @GearUpCarolina on Instagram for the latest updates on Carolina-themed events and giveaways taking place throughout the day.
Campus groups and departments have teamed up with sponsors to deliver a day of Carolina-themed experiences for fans to join, both virtually and in-person. In-person events will take place in The Pit from 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. while all virtual events will stream on Instagram @GearUpCarolina, unless otherwise noted.
- 8 a.m. — Morning Spirit with Carolina Cheerleading
- 8:30 a.m. — UNC Housing Tour (Instagram: @CarolinaHousing)
- 9:15 a.m. — Morning Stretch with Campus Rec
- 9:30 a.m. — Tour of UNC Student Stores
- 9:45 a.m. — Champion Apparel Showcase
- 10 a.m. — UNC Licensee Spotlight: Homefield Apparel
- 10:30 a.m. — IG Live With Campus Rec (Instagram: @UNCCampusRec)
- 11 a.m. — Food Facts with Fancy Chef (Instagram: @CDS_UNC)
- 11:30 a.m. — IG Live with Carolina Athletics Marketing
- Noon – 1 p.m. — IG Live Dance Party In The Pit with DJ JD
In-Person Events in The Pit
11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Live Dance Party with DJ JD
- Photobooth Therapy
- BeAM Button-Making Station
- FRIENDS Living Room Setup by Carolina Housing
- Cornhole Tournament sponsored by Champion and UNC Student Stores
This free event is sponsored by UNC Licensing, in partnership with Campus Rec, Carolina Athletics, Carolina Dining Services, Carolina Union, Carolina Union Activities Board, Champion, Homefield Apparel, UNC Cheerleading and UNC Student Stores.
The 17th annual College Colors Day is a national holiday that gives Carolina fans across the country the opportunity to showcase their spirit by wearing Carolina Blue, white or fashion-colored UNC merchandise and then sharing their pride on social media using the hashtags #GoHeels and #CollegeColorsDay.
College Colors Day was created by CLC, the University’s licensing partner, to provide a unified spirit day for college fans and supporters. Visit www.collegecolorsday.com to learn more.
The Office of Trademarks and Licensing was established to promote, protect, preserve and generate revenue through the University’s variety of logos, verbiage, trademarks and copyrights. All net proceeds fund need-based and merit-based scholarships.